Home Forums About H+Connect Bugs and Suggestions

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Participant

Some of the descriptions of the Groups (e.g. the Artists Network and some others) have hard-returns in their text descriptions, so that depending on the width of the browser you view them with, they may have lines of oddly variable length. The hard-returns in the descriptions should be removed.

Ben
    Participant

I see items like

“admin created the link Singularity Or Bust [Full Documentary] 5 days, 16 hours ago”

in he Activity log, but when I click on those links, nothing happens…

Ben
    Participant

At the top of the page for this forum, before I selected this topic to view, the words

“Home › Forums › About H+Connect Subscribe”

occured without enough spaces between the “Connect” and the “Subscribe”

David
    Participant

“Accadamic and Proffessional Profile” should be “Academic and Professional Profile”.

This is visible in Profile | Edit

Ben
    Participant

The current site is not well optimized for viewing on mobile devices, so for now you should evaluate it on a PC/ laptop, etc. …

I’m thinking we should maybe shift to a more mobile-friendly Buddypress / bbpress theme like

Build online communities, sell courses & memberships on WordPress

in the next round of revisions…

Ben
    Participant

Natasha has suggested creating a Group for “Humanity+ Board”

Ben
    Participant

Many pages, like this one I’m looking at now while entering this comment, say ”

Posted by Ben at
    Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time”

at the bottom.

It would be nice if this unnecessary text could be deleted…

Ben
    Participant

Update copyright to 2014

David
    Participant

I received an email “daily digest of group activity” this morning (for the H+ Writers Network) that told me:

0 items

I found that annoying; if there are 0 items for me to look at, in a group, I’d prefer not to receive any notification.

On a related matter: the email contained two hotlinks apparently to “H+ Writers Network”. But the first of these seems to have a malformed URL: clicking on it only takes me to a new copy of my email inbox. (The second one, however, was correct.)

Mark
    Participant

I appreciate the effort to build something new. However I am going to be a critic here and say that this looks just like another Forum with a off-brand news feed plugin that tries to imitate Facebook while falling short of being a true social network. I don’t see anything real modern about this. As you may know, a H+ Forum was built around 2009-2010, but it was taken offline because it wasn’t used very much.

I suggest *not* throwing WordPress plugins at the site and calling it modern. It really needs a thoughtful design which offers something truly new and useful, with a big-picture in mind. I really want something like this to succeed because it would be good for the community. But I don’t see it happening if the site is going to look the way it is now.

Less forum categories would be helpful as well. It’s best to keep things simple (but useful) and gradually expand from there if there is demand for new features, and a userbase to take advantage of those features.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.